Friday 4 November 2011

Hessians in the UK

Been thinking about this and whether it is an idea that floats. Best to think about the positive aspects first. It would theoretically be able to take part in American Revolution events as well as Seven Years War ones on the continent of Europe. But is there a need for a non German speaking group? Maybe not. One thing I have noticed is that most Hessian groups tend to be grenadiers - nothing wrong with that and it's quite obvious why that type is a popular choice - my thoughts are to do simple musketeers - something like the Trumbach regiment below. I am not setting myself up as someone who would lead such a group - I don't speak German for a start - but I am interested in whether it could work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hessian in the U.K.

 This portrayal is 2 years in the making. Von Donop 1776. By Marshall Beresford.  Very good. Check out his Facebook page here .