Friday 5 February 2010

Redcoats for the French and Indian war

It's not all nostalgia on this blog. Just to prove that I don't live in the past (ha!) here's an image of a fresh new group in the UK, the 60th Royal Americans - image taken by me when I trotted out to watch them and check them out last spring. Well they were friendly and enthusiastic and that impressed me - so if you are interested in reenacting the period in the UK why not drop by the NFOE website.
60th uniform and history here
Milice
Also I am hearing about a new UK Canadian militia group that's doing a lot of work getting ready for their training event in April. Apparently they have already got off to a great start by shooting Wolfe dead at Westerham for the 250th in September 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sainte-Foy 1760

 Forgot this anniversary the other day. To make up for this here is a blog piece  on the Battle including a 15mm wargame of it.