Just for a bit of balance I thought it might be interesting to look at some different depictions of this famous scene. This one I have never seen before - by James Barry 1776 - story here - it suffered apparently by being unfavourably compared to the Benjamin West version and was withdrawn.Thursday, 30 July 2009
Death of General Wolfe
Just for a bit of balance I thought it might be interesting to look at some different depictions of this famous scene. This one I have never seen before - by James Barry 1776 - story here - it suffered apparently by being unfavourably compared to the Benjamin West version and was withdrawn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
From Don's Facebook page. The incident depicts Two Kettles Together loading a musket for her wounded husband Honyere Tehawenkarogwen ...
-
One of the best resources for the appearance of troops during the Revolution are the Von Germann drawings. Friedrich von Germann was a capta...
No comments:
Post a Comment