Monday 14 September 2009

Armies in Plastic 1/32 French and Indian War

I have to admit that I was pretty stunned by these new figures - not only are they in good poses but they also look (and I haven't seen these in the flesh) pretty historically accurate. This is because the figure designers are already well versed in the F&I war - both John Jenkins who designed the Indians and Rangers and Frontline who did the French are well placed to produce top quality sculpts in this scale. Most useful to modellers and wargamers in my opinion will be the two sets of Woodland Indians. These are going to be popular with American Revolution and War of 1812 gamers as well as those with pioneer forts. The French figures look good and not too afflicted with the crazy action poses that a lot of plastic figures suffer from. The Rangers appear interesting and I should imagine will be able to represent various other light types and with a bit of work will convert to all sorts of things.










1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited by these! I've been wanting to start collecting/painting FIW armies for a while now. I have some birthday money in-hand, but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should go for these 1/32 plastic guys, or 28mm metal.

    ReplyDelete