There's nothing more reminiscent of frontier life than split rail fencing. They look the sort of thing that is easy to make in scale model form - luckily there's a Thomsomfeld album to help you along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
From Don's Facebook page. The incident depicts Two Kettles Together loading a musket for her wounded husband Honyere Tehawenkarogwen ...
-
One of the best resources for the appearance of troops during the Revolution are the Von Germann drawings. Friedrich von Germann was a capta...
I put up a split rail dog leg fence when we moved into the new cabin to protect the garden. Later I fenced the whole are with modern fencing, but I retained the split rails and rebuilt the dog leg fence at the entrance to the front yard. They are easy to construct but labour intensive splitting and carrying rails.
ReplyDeleteLe Loup.